I hope you're on your way to a New Year's event tonight. But with just 12 hours to go until 2016 in most places, I wanted to send you one last note to say two things:
- Thank you! If you haven't yet, please take a look at all the amazing things we did in 2015. Click here to see our year in review with over 80 individual highlights and memories!
- We're just a few thousand dollars short of our goal, and every gift before midnight tonight makes a huge difference. Can you chip in $10, $25 or more before 2016?
I hate to ask at the last minute, but we're so close to our goal and we urgently need support:
- $5 buys rally signs and stickers for an anti-fracking protest in Florida, just a few weeks from now.
- $15 buys a bus ticket so an activist can get to a regional hearing opposing the hunting of Black Bears, Florida Panthers, Grey Wolves and other endangered species.
- $35 sponsors housing, food and training for a day so that a climate justice activist can help us shut down bomb trains, fracked gas pipelines, coal export terminals and other extreme energy this May.
- $50 buys ad time online and on the air to challenge climate denial or inaction from elected officials, candidates, the media and anywhere else we see it.
- A sustaining donation of $15 a month makes ALL that work possible, and so much more, for less than 50 cents a day.
There are over 700,000 members of Environmental Action. But many of our neighbors simply can't afford to donate. These members support us with their time, signatures and even by putting their bodies on the front line of the fight to save this planet and all of us who live on it. If you're fortunate enough to have a little left over on the last day of the year, please consider donating what you can to support them.
Thanks again, and Happy New Year.
Drew and the team at Environmental Action.
P.S. My previous email with your donation record is below - in case you want to check our records and send me any updates.
I was just checking the numbers on our year end fundraising drive and here's what I found:
Sum of online donations: $0
2015 goal: $30,000
Raised so far: $19,329
Suggested Donation for Friend : $5
If that sounds right can you chip in to support our work in in 2016, including:
- Bears: The next hunt in Florida starts in 10 months, unless we stop it. And we need to expand our campaign for non-lethal wildlife management to new states like New Jersey and Virginia.
- Fracking: We support frontline communities from the wellhead, to the pipeline route, to the export terminal fighting fracking. But we need support to fight on many fronts if we're going to ban fracking, and block up their infrastructure in 2016.
- Whales: Seismic testing creates acoustic smog that can deafen and kill whales. We need to ban this dangerous practice to protect wildlife and block new oil drilling.
- Bomb Trains and oil exports: Since Congress lifted the ban on crude oil exports, we've got to work double time to shut down their shipping routes and keep oil in the ground.
- Endangered Species: From wolves and panthers, to the tiny Monarch Butterfly, we're facing mass extinction due to climate change and an anti-wildlife Congress. Help us stand up for all species in 2016.
- Climate Justice: Environmental and human rights aren't separate fights, they're linked. We'll only know justice when we treat our common home with respect, and there can be no sustainable future without justice.
- Climate: A huge mobilization is being planned for May 2016, and we want to be there with you on the front lines.
Those are just a few of the huge fights on the horizon. Not to mention all the politics and craziness we can expect from the (still) large field of politicians running for President. We're still about $15,000 short of our goal, but I know we can do this together, just look at all the amazing things we did in 2015! No really, click here to see our year in review with over 80 individual highlights and memories! Then, if you can, please consider chipping in $5, $15, or more to make 2016 even better.
Drew and the team at Environmental Action